Have you heard about the benefits of joining an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and wondered what it would take to join one? ACOs are groups of healthcare providers who work together to offer high-quality care to patients. Successful ACOs offer excellent care while lowering costs, and this allows them to share in the savings that are achieved for Medicare. Consider the following the questions, and keep in mind that VHQC’s Practice Transformation Network is ready to help you prepare to become an attractive asset to an ACO.
Are you taking advantage of Medicare revenue opportunities through preventive care, including Annual Wellness Visits, Chronic Care Management, and Transitional Care Management?
- Are you able to identify patients meeting risk criteria to prioritize for Annual Wellness Visits?
- Can you identify high-risk patients and deliver/bill for Chronic Care Management?
- Do you have a system in place for obtaining real-time information about hospital admissions and delivering/billing Medicare for Transitional Care Management?
Are you protected against the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) penalties associated with quality program noncompliance?
- Are you participating in the Value-Based Modifier Program?
- Are you participating in Physician Quality Reporting System?
- Are you participating in Meaningful Use?
Are you optimizing your referral network with effective community partners and the medical neighborhood?
- Have you identified high-value specialists for the top three specialties that you
refer out of your practice?
- Do you have a plan and timeline for referral tracking and follow-up?
Things to think about:
- How do you currently track quality measures and provide feedback to providers?
- Is your health information technology fully optimized? For example, are you using customized templates? Are you using a registry?
- Are your patients engaged in their care? Do they have individualized care plans or treatment goals? Are they encouraged to self-manage?
To learn more about how VHQC can help you prepare to be in an ACO by joining our Practice Transformation Network, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-207-7928.« Return To Trending