Health Quality Innovators Practice Transformation Network helps providers prepare for the switch from Volume-Based to Value-Based Payments
New models for delivery and payment are driving rapid change in office-based care. Independent practices that want to survive, and even prosper, need to maximize efficiency, manage population health and improve care coordination.
The Health Quality Innovators (HQI) Practice Transformation Network, led by HQI, presents a unique opportunity for providers to become national healthcare leaders as they prepare for the transition away from fee-for-service payments in 2018. Payment reform begins on January 1, 2019 when providers begin receiving value-based reimbursements determined by performance in 2017.
This payment change is being caused by the enactment of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). MACRA will link physician payments to quality, value measurements, and participation through Merit-Based Incentive Payment Systems and Alternative Payment Models. Work in this project will enable providers to be successful in these new payment models.
Why is the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) Important?
TCPI is aiming to help clinicians achieve large-scale healthcare transformation.
The goals of this four-year engagement with clinicians include:
- Support for over 140,000 clinicians in their practice transformation work.
- Improve health outcomes for millions of Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP beneficiaries and other patients.
- Reduce unnecessary hospitalizations for 5 million patients.
- Generate $1 to $4 billion in savings.
- Sustain efficient care delivery by reducing unnecessary testing and procedures.
- Build the evidence base on practice transformation so effective solutions can be scaled.
Contact us today for more information and a complimentary consultation.